Saturday, August 6, 2016

Block Out / 1st Pass

So I'll just write this from the point of view of talking with my students. At this point don't worry about seeing your animation move with interpolation / in-betweens, in stepped your focus should be about staging and mechanics to tell the story and build the framework of how your character will move in and out of those Key ideas. I've blocked out my key poses and took a second pass to try and design and push the poses before I move on and add more poses. I've tried to make good decisions with the mechanics of the poses & staging. The silouhette, line of action, use of negative space, and over all appeal. Keeping in mind the type of character I am animating I want to exaggerate my poses to suite him, and make good choices on how I use & stage his large forearms. At this point the keys are strong enough that I will move on and add the rest of my keys knowing that all of these poses will continue to be tweaked in the process so that all the poses are working together to create the action. I'm using the timing from the video, and the poses just as a guide right now, as I continue through the scene, I will start abandoning the reference and reworking the timing to better suite my character and animation style. Although it's early on in your development with computer animation you should be aware of how you are creating your poses and the progression in the graph editor. Much like the clean up and progression of the walk, your whole scene should be looked at in the same manner. Keeping your progression smooth starting with the block out is a extremely important part of your workflow if you want to excel at computer animation. Ask e more about this in lab for specifics about your scene.

No comments: