Thursday, July 31, 2008

switch-a-roo

I got a little side tracked but I'm back now. Now like I was saying I should of been building something like this with paper clay, I was just asking for a disaster.  After firing the big head sculpture and it not surviving I decided not to take a chance with this one. It's a shame to I was really enjoying making this sculpture, it reminded me of that Dali' painting; I think it was called Civil war, with the body pulling itself apart. As I was disassembling it I couldn't help but want to reassemble it, so that's exactly what I did. I also added a bowl to burn a candle in when I make my sacrifices. I was going to post the wreckage of the big head in the kiln, but that one hurt a little too much, and I decided that I didn't need to immortalize it. 

No comments: