Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sculpture show

I took a little time and finished up the base for the "Burly man" which I have submitted along with 2 other sculptures, for a sculpture show at the Orlando Museum of art. I got a chance to use a piece of that granite I picked up awhile back. It was quite a task to figure out how to cut those miters to trim out the granite. The angle was more then the old miter saw can get to, so I had do some head hurting thinkin' to figure it out. The little piece of walnut on top is on a lazy susan so you can turn him around. If you want to read a little about the "Burly Man" you can read it at my website. The Other 2 are "The Struggle Forward" and "Looking Back". Wish me luck, I'm hoping this might get me started in the local art scene. 

2 comments:

jriggity said...

Bad ass!

You gots Skizzzzills brother.

jriggity

jriggity said...

man....I just went through your site .....what a kick as studio!!

and you have created so much ART. Consider me completely Inspired.

jriggity