Monday, February 22, 2010

Process

Since I started the new blog journey with Richard Kirk, posting a drawing a week, I've been slowly integrating a thought process that I have neglected to use for quite some time. As much as it pains me to admit this, I have poor work habits:(
But this years journey will force me to develop what I have so badly neglected these last maybe 10 years of scribbling with my pen and ink drawings. A process, yes commonly known as thumb nailing. I had gotten so used to drawing spontaneously, that I convinced myself that premeditation was the death of my artwork. Well the truth is I'm just not that good at it. So I think I will start posting on this blog my process of thumbnails, and inspirational drawings that I do to work up to the weeks drawing. Just a little more commitment on my part to help me get to where I want to go.
Todays post is from the week two drawing. A interesting week , I did some fun thumbnails, which I then wound up ignoring for the most part and then started some drawings which I then restarted over and over until I settled on the last one. You can see a larger version at "and ink in unfailing supplies"

1 comment:

jriggity said...

these are awesome to see....thanks for sharing!!

you know that each and every time you put pen to paper its a totally new journey.....even when you try to repeat.

jriggity